Luff Associates Ltd and Luff & Wilkin Ltd are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
How we get Information about you
We may collect and process the following data about you as follows:
Information you give us:
You may give us information about you by completing forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. The information you give us may include (but is not limited to) your name, title, date of birth, address, email address, phone number or other contact information, username, password, financial details, and the records and contents of any correspondence and communications you have with us or any feedback which you leave for us.
Information we may collect from you.
Each time you visit our site, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including but not limited to the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, identification number, online identifier, location data and other similar identifying information required for your devices to communicate with websites and applications on the internet;
- Information about your visit, including but not limited to the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
Information we receive from other sources.
- We may receive information about you if you visit any other websites which we operate or use any services which we provide.
- We may also collect, and our third party providers of advertisements and content may collect, information about where you are on the internet.
- We are also working with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- Information provided by other companies who have obtained your permission to share information about you.
How we use your information
How we will use information you give us:
- To contact you;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services which you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services that we offer.
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services which we feel may interest you.
- To assist us in the improvement and optimisation of advertising, marketing material and content, our services and the website (including, without limitation, via third parties);
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To verify your identity;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure and to prevent or detect fraud;
- To provide customer support;
- To comply with the requirements imposed by law or any court order.
How we will use information we collect about you:
In addition to the purposes listed above, we will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver advertising to you and others (including via selected third parties);
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them (including via selected third parties).
How we will use information about you we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including but not limited to:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors, for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or with you;
- Advertisers and advertising networks (including social media) that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and services.
- 360 Mortgage Brokers (where you have consented for us to do so)
We may disclose your information to third parties:
- In the event that we buy or sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Luff Associates Limited and Luff & Wilkin Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its clients will be one of its transferred assets;
Our site may from time to time contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please be aware that these have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before submitting information to these websites.
Where we store your information
The information we collect from or about you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, amongst other things, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By using our website, or otherwise submitting your personal information to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. Luff Associates Limited and Luff & Wilkin Limited will take reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk and you agree that we will not be liable for any breach of security unless it has been proved that we have been negligent. We do not accept any responsibility for the protection of information or images provided to third party online sites that link to or from our website.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. Please notify us immediately if you suspect that your password is no longer secure.
Your information will be held for at least six years for legal, regulatory and accounting purposes and thereafter for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes at: How we use your information.
You have the right to withdraw consent for us to process your information and for its use for marketing purposes. You have the right to withdraw consent for us to process your information at any time.
You have the right to withdraw consent for us to pass your information to third parties for marketing purposes. This will result in us ceasing to offer the goods and services to you.
If you no longer wish to be contacted by third parties for marketing purposes, please follow the instructions in their marketing communications, or consult their privacy policies about how to unsubscribe from their communications.
Access to Your Information
You have rights to the following information:
- The purpose(s) for which we are processing your information;
- The categories of personal information we hold about you;
- The recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed;
- The period for which we will store you information; or the criteria used to determine that period;
You have the following additional rights:
- To a copy of the information we hold about you. You can ask us to send this to you or direct to a third party and in commonly used electronic form;
- To rectification or restriction of the way in which we are processing your information; or to object to us processing it;
- To the erasure of your personal information provided it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected; or where there is no legal basis for Luff Associates Limited and Luff and Wilkin Limited processing it.
- Where we have collected information about you from sources other than yourself, information about those sources;
- To ask us whether any decisions are being taken about you by automated means and if this is happening; information about the logic involved and any significant consequences on you;
- To ask us about the appropriate safeguards we are take if we transfer your information to a third country or international organisation.
You can exercise any of these rights at any time by writing to the Data Protection Officer, Luff Associates Limited and Luff & Wilkin Limited White Oak Cottage, 13 Claremonmt Avenue, Camberley, Surrey, GU15 2DR or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We may charge a reasonable fee to cover our administrative costs.
If you are not satisfied about the way in which your information is handled you have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
Rectifying or Updating your information
You must ensure that any information you provide to us is correct and complete. You can ask us to rectify or update your personal information at any time by email to email@example.com; or by writing to: The Data Protection Officer, Luff Associates Limited and Luff & Wilkin Limited White Oak Cottage, 13 Claremont Avenue, Camberley, Surrey, GU15 2DR.
How to contact Luff Associates Limited and Luff & Wilkin Limited with questions:
The data controller responsible for your information is Luff Associates Limited and Luff & Wilkin Limited. You can contact us online at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at White Oak Cottage, 13 Claremont Avenue, Camberley, Surrey, GU15 2DR if you have any questions or complaints regarding our use of your information. As a data controller we are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office, and our registration number is Luff Associates Z2969135, Luff and Wilkin Z3548045.
Certain devices can detect your approximate location, via latitude and longitude. The accuracy of this data is not in the control of Luff Associates Limited and Luff & Wilkin Limited. If this feature is requested, Luff Associates Limited and Luff & Wilkin Limited will prompt you to provide your permission to access your location data for the purposes of providing you with results or directions based on your current location. You can disable location settings within your browser or app.
Cookies and tracking
The Luff Associates Limited and Luff & Wilkin Limited website and applications may collect anonymous data about how you use our services in order to help us improve future functionality.
How to contact Luff Associates Limited and Luff & Wilkin Limited
You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for the use to which you put this website and all the results and information you obtain from it and that all warranties, conditions, undertakings, representations and terms whether expressed or implied, statutory or otherwise are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Save in respect of liability for death or personal injury arising out of negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation, we and all contributors to this website hereby disclaim to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability for any loss or damage including any consequential or indirect loss or damage incurred by you, whether arising in tort, contract or otherwise, and arising out of or in relation to or in connection with your access to or use of or inability to use this website.
Whilst we take every care to ensure that the standard of this website remains high and to maintain the continuity of it, we do not accept any ongoing obligation or responsibility to operate this website (or any particular part of it).
If any part of our terms and conditions is deemed to be unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
These terms and conditions and your use of this website are governed exclusively by English law.
This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Luff Associates Limited and Luff & Wilkin Limited are registered in England and Wales (registered number Luff Associates 4494245, Luff & Wilkin 8078018). Our registered office is at White Oak Cottage, 13 Claremont Avenue, Camberley, Surrey, GU15 2DR.